Mr. Wilson....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mr. Wilson....

Post  Rookie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:11 am

Just wanted to check and see if u were high enough in the dept. that you wern't going to get hit. My buddy is with PD and said he's getting axed along with guys that have up to 14 yrs with the dept. Just wanted to see if the FD cuts are going to hit ya.

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr. Wilson....

Post  Sean Wilson on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:21 pm

There'll probably be some cuts and it may even get to me, but I don't believe for a minute that it's going to be what they say it is. I've been on the job too long to take ANYTHING politicians say at face value. I've heard it ALL before: going volunteer, part-paid, PSO...everything has been thrown at us threat-wise since 2004. Both ROPD and ROFD just signed contracts in the last 12 months. They are angling for contract concessions and at floating a public safety millage. How do you get cops and firemen to give up pay and benefits, and get the citizens out to vote? Threaten to make devastating cuts to police and fire! It's all a game. Like I said, there will be cuts, maybe even layoffs, but it won't go down exactly like they want you to believe.
Sean Wilson
District Chief
District Chief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top